Federal law prohibits any change in your benefit elections during the plan year except when you experience a qualifying event (permitted election change) that results in the gain or loss of coverage.
Online Enrollment Instructions
What you’ll need to enroll:
- Access to a computer
- Your Employee ID number
- The last four digits of your social security number
- Dependent information, including name(s), date(s) of birth and social security number(s)
What to do:
- Go to www.EnrollOnline.com/PalmettoHealth
- Login ID: Employee ID number
- PIN: Last four digits of employee’s social security number
- Follow the enrollment instructions
- Print your enrollment confirmation for your records
- Your spouse
- Each of your children, while:
- Under age 26
- Handicapped (within the meaning of Section 22(e)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code) over age 25 who are primarily dependent on you until the earlier of (1) cessation of the handicap or dependency; or (2) the end of a 60-day period from the date Baptist Easley or the Plan Administrator requests proof of the existence or continuation of the handicap and dependency, if proof is not provided within the 60-day period.
- For detailed Domestic Partner eligibility click here.
“Primarily dependent on you” means the child is dependent on you for more than one-half of his or her support, as defined by the U.S. Internal Revenue Code; or was reported as a dependent on your most recent federal tax return.
Children include: Biological children; legally adopted children including children placed with you for adoption; step-children; grandchildren who permanently live in your household and are principally supported by you if you are related to the child by blood or marriage, and you are the child’s permanent guardian and who qualify as your tax dependent; and, eligible children for whom coverage is required by a Qualified Medical Child Support Order (QMCSO).
Please note that unless specified otherwise, these children can be married, do not need to reside with you, do not need to be listed on your tax return as a dependent, and do not need to be a full-time student.
* Note that coverage is extended until the end of the calendar year for dependent children who reach age 26 during the same calendar year.
Benefit Election Changes
In order to be eligible to make changes at any time other than the open enrollment period, you must provide written documentation from an independent third party verifying the qualifying event. (See Summary Plan Description on BE|Linked for a list of qualifying events).
To make a change in your benefit elections, you must notify the Total Rewards Resolution Center within 30 days of the qualifying event; otherwise, you cannot make benefit changes until the following open enrollment period and those benefit changes will not be effective until the following plan year. Baptist Easley reserves the right to modify what is considered a permitted election change in accordance with changes in tax law or the interpretation of that law. The extent to which you can make new elections depends on the type of permitted election change that occurs.
New Team Members and Newly Eligible Team Members
New Team members in a benefits-eligible class may enroll for benefits within 30 days of their hire date. Medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and/or health savings benefits will be effective on the first day of the second pay period in which they work. All other benefits will be effective on the 91st day of continuous employment. They will have 90 days to complete the myHealth Rewards program in its entirety to receive the discounted rate on medical insurance. Existing team members who become eligible for benefits have 30 days from their eligibility date to enroll in benefits and complete the myHealth Rewards premium discount program; otherwise, benefits will be forfeited until the next plan year.Back to Top