To help you prepare for your benefits enrollment, below is a list that requires action during the enrollment period. Each of these benefits is described in detail in your benefits guide and the To-Do list below will guide you through actions you must take.
1. Get Prepared
- Complete Decision Mate tool to assist you in your choices
- Review Summary Benefit Coverage Documents
- myPal: Human Resources/Total Rewards/Total Rewards Policies/Palmetto Health Reimbursement Medical Plan
- myPal: Human Resources/Total Rewards/Total Rewards Policies/Palmetto Health Savings Medical Plan
2. Employee Contribution Discount Program
You must have met the Employee Contribution Discount Program requirements to qualify for the premium discount. If you aren’t sure you’ve met the requirements, log on to BE Healthy Health Portal (BE|Linked/BE Healthy/Health Portal), call Kelly Price at 864-442-7509 or e-mail Kelly.Price@baptisteasley.org.
3. Medical Plans
Choose a medical plan for you and your family or decline coverage. Pharmacy benefits are included in each medical plan.
4. Dental Plans
Choose a dental plan for you and your family or decline coverage.
5. Vision Plan
Elect to participate in the vision plan or decline coverage.
6. Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
If you need a flexible spending account (FSA) for health care or dependent care expenses, determine how much you need annually and elect this amount during your enrollment period.
7. Health Savings Account (HSA)
If you are electing the Baptist Easley Health Savings Medical Plan you will be automatically enrolled in an HSA Bank HSA.
8. Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment
You have options available for both voluntary life and dependent life insurance. To increase your coverage, Evidence of Insurability is required. Now is a good time to review your beneficiaries and make necessary changes.
9. Retirement Savings Program
Have you enrolled in the Baptist Easley Retirement Savings plan? If not, now is a good time to start saving for retirement.
10. Influenza Vaccination Prevention Program
Employee Health will provide free influenza vaccinations to all Baptist Easley employees, physicians and volunteers. The vaccination is required of each employee, physician and volunteer. Exemptions for medical reasons or personal beliefs must be requested in Employee Health and will require review and approval by the Chief Medical Officer or Human Resources, respectively. Flu vaccinations are provided in Employee Health Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. (864-442-7222).
Other actions that may apply to you:
11. Certificates of Creditable Coverage may be required if you are a new participant in either of the medical plans. You can obtain your certificate from your previous insurance carrier(s) for the past 12 months and send it to your new insurance carrier once enrolled in benefits.
12. Research the various retirement savings investment options at www.fidelity.com/atwork.
13. Any Questions? Call the Total Rewards Resolution Center at 800-963-3456 or email TotalRewardsResolutionCenter@PalmettoHealth.org.Back to Top